background img

The New Stuff

Tissue Rosette Kissing Balls

DIY crepe paper roses. i need to make these for valentines day! super easy & inexpensive too. Many Thanks to Amy from theidearom foe this tutorial. I love making paper roses I've been making roses from this kind of paper. The only difference I did is I cut the paper and rub it with scissor to emphasize the rose petals. But this is my favorite artwork! these are Beautiful, Easy & Adorable. 


First off you will need a couple of rolls of tissue paper streamers. You can find them many places in many colors. Mine were $1 each.


Start by cutting the paper into strips about 24 inches long. Then crumple them up to make them softer {this part is optional, depends on what look you like–experiment}. Then fold the top 1/3 of it down so it is not as wide. {again…optional}


Now take your strip and start on one end and begin rolling it up between your fingers.


After you have a few rolls, continue to roll it up but now twist the paper.


Now just continue to roll and twist until you have reached the end of the strip. I liked to add a drop of hot glue to the end so they did not unravel.


After you have a few rosettes made, start gluing {I used a glue gun} them onto a round styrofoam ball. I used 2 and 3 inch ones to make them in different sizes. Just glue them close together and fit them in where they sit together nicely.


On this particular rosette ball, I did not twist the paper. I did some both ways and like that they come out a bit different. Below is a picture of one that I rolled AND twisted the strip of paper. Does that make sense? Can you see a difference?


The fun thing is to just try different things. You will eventually find something that works for you and your taste preferences.


Pretty easy right? These are the perfect thing to do when you are snowed in and watching your favorite TV program or chic flick!  Can’t find tissue paper streamers? You can get some here: Tissue Paper Streamers


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's Popular This Month

Blog Archive