background img

The New Stuff

DIY PAINT-WITH-WATER PAGES

Do you remember those coloring books where color would magically appear when you brushed water along the lines of the drawing? Those used to be my favorite things in the world! Jem and the Holograms would magically turn pink with just water. I haven't seen those types of coloring books, so I thought I'd try them myself.

I was going to try printing out some designs, but my ink jet printer wasn't going to work. I knew that the ink would immediately run, smudge and smear with water. Instead, I doodled with my trusty Kuretake Zig Millennium Marker. I knew it was water resistant and would work best for this project.

I bought these Faber-Castell Watercolor Pencils a while back, and haven't been using them as much as I should. These pencils activate when brushed with water.

I penciled in the color along the black outlines. I made sure to pencil in all around more than once.

I kind of didn't stay within the lines. What the hoo! It kinda looked cute with the color peeking through like that anyway. 

With a soft bristle brush dipped lightly in water, I went ahead and started testing it out. From the outline, I brushed the color onto the center of the balloons. It took a while, but the color did start to activate. 

I made the mistake of not using a watercolor pad, so the paper started to streak. It surely brought me back. Too cute! Will definitely try this out again. 

source: itrydiy.me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's Popular This Month

Blog Archive